Do any of these struggles ring true for you?
- Can’t figure out which diet is right for you?
- Can’t fall asleep at night?
- Are you bloaty or gassy after eating?
- Are you lonely and crave relationships?
- Do you have joint pain?
- Do you have stomach cramps after eating bread and pasta?
- Are you overweight and can’t drop the pounds?
- Is your hair dry and brittle? Nails break off easily?
- Is your career running you ragged? Or do you hate your job?
- Do you have high cholesterol?
- How are your bowels? Do you eliminate every day?
- Do you want to know foods that can balance your thyroid?
- Is time always in short supply?
- Are you depressed?
- Are you suffering spiritually and crave connection?
- Have you been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes?
- Are you afraid of what is in the food you eat?
- Are you always tired?
- Do you long to exercise but can’t find the time? Do you HATE exercise?
- Is your life overwhelming?
These symptoms may very well be an indication that your life is out of balance and you have neglected some parts of it for far too long. This imbalance occurs when you don’t give love and attention to all the areas that require nourishment.
In this diagram below, you’ll notice that food is not listed amongst the other categories. It’s not that food isn’t important (it totally is) but food is secondary to these areas that probably need love first.
What tends to happen is that you are so busy fueling just specific areas like career or physical activity or family, that you have neglected other important areas like spirituality, self-care, joy, social life, home cooking and home environment. As a result, you experience things like dissatisfaction, unhappiness, resentment, overwhelm and exhaustion that eventually leads you to eating poorly and at the wrong times. Unfortunately, the Standard American Diet is no help. It is filled with high levels of sugar, processed foods, and chemicals. This poor quality diet is contributing to the way people feel both emotionally and physically.
So does this sound like you? Are you suffering from physical and emotional problems that you wish you could fix but you’ve been unable to up till now? If you are nodding your head, then you would benefit from working with a health coach. An Integrative Nutrition Health Coach takes the holistic approach when working with you to help you achieve the health goals you set for yourself while paying attention to all the primary areas of your life – helping you to keep a balance.
By working with a health coach, you will heal your body with high-quality food, regain your energy, live a balanced lifestyle and experience joy with a body and a life that is nourished daily.